This is quite an old recipe that did the rounds and created quite a stir sometime back. I had received it once in my inbox but failed to make it. recently I came across this recipe again. This time it managed to generate more interest than the previous time because I had two kids at my sides, wailing for ice cream. The quantities of the ingredients are very moderate and I thought ” lets try it.. how much can it go wrong?”.
I must tell you, if you are looking forward to a light, very moist and airy chocolate cake, then this one is not for you. This cake is quite dense and not a black forest kinda cake. It is not one of those pastry kinda cakes or even that lovely chocolate sponge cake. However it is one cake that satisfies a sudden onset of craving for some chocolate. It is also that cake to calm down that teary child. just serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you can have some peace and quiet for some time.
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- All purpose flour – 4 Tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 4 Tbsp ( add depending on strength of cocoa powder)
- Coffee powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 5 Tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 3 Tbsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Chocolate chips – 3 Tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Coffee Mug – 1 large
- Butter – small piece
- Take the mug and rub the butter all over the inside part of the mug.
- Combine the dry ingredients in the cup and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the egg to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla essence and mix well till combined.
- Toss in the chocolate chips and mix it into the batter.
- Put your mug in the the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at HIGH power (1000W).
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t worry, it will not fall over.
- Allow to cool it a little, and tip out into a plate if desired.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.