A medley of pasta, veggie and chicken – this is a pasta for kids..!!
My son has an aversion to colored foodstuff … more specifically, he hates anything which is not white in color. For instance , when faced with a plate loaded with rice, spinach, chicken and curd… he would say ” Please give me some white, but I will not eat green, gimme some brown without the black(mustard) on it”. Well, this pasta is a quick fix, time saver and fuss free meal option, one I can feed my kid without facing a color war at the table. It is loaded with veggies and meat. Add and subtract the veggies you would prefer your child to eat. Set the tables and get ready to eat..
- Elbow Pasta – 3 cups cooked
- Mixed vegetables – 1 cup (peas, carrot, mushrooms, capsicum)
- Chicken breast cubed – 1 cup
- Sausages – 4
- All purpose flour – 1 dsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Butter – 25 gm
- Olive oil – 2 tbs
- Pepper – 2 tsp
- Chicken stock maggie – 1
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbs
- Parsley – handful
- Garlic salt – 5 turns or garlic – 2 minced
- Mozarella cheese
- Always have the ingredients laid out and easily accessible.
- Add olive oil and a cube of butter into a large pan.
- If using garlic instead of garlic salt, add now when the butter has not completely melted. If you do this , the oil will get infused with the flavour of garlic without it getting burnt.
- Now add the vegetables and saute well. Cook covered for about 5 minutes till cooked through but not mushy.
- Simultaneously, take another pan and fry the chicken cubes. Keep aside.
- Fry the sausage and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and the all purpose flour.
- Fry till aromatic.
- Add the milk, sal and pepper to taste.
- Dilute the stock in little water and add to the same. Cook till thick.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the chicken and the sausage to it and saute till the flavours come together.
- Now add the white sauce and the tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- Add the cooked pasta to it and mix well. Top with the shreded mozarella cheese and cook covered till it melts. Mix through.
- If time permits, take the pasta ina baking dish, top with the cheese and bake till the cheese is nice and brown.