Condensed Milk Pudding or Pudim De Leite Condensado is a spoon of delight in every bite.
Yesterday, I met my friend Maria after a long time. During our conversation she mentioned she had had a pudding made of condensed milk . I was immediately hooked on to the thought of making some dessert.In my house, we all love sweets. Especially Irene. Hence we have something sweet to slurp up most days. It need not be a grand dessert, even some chocolate is great.
This recipe has been tried a number of times in my house. It is one of those desserts we have when there is a lot of work in the kitchen. This is probably one of the easiest recipes that exist. It hardly takes 10 minutes to put the entire pudding together. All that is left is to bake it and cool it. Hence this recipe is quite a favored one. This dessert is originally Brazilian in nationality, it is one of their traditional desserts and a very yummy one at that..!!
CONDENSED MILK PUDDING / PUDIM DE LEITE CONDENSADO
- Condensed milk – 1 can
- Milk – 1 cup (Measure out in the condensed milk can)
- Eggs – 3
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/8 cup
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Keep aside the pan you will be baking the pudding in.
- Keep a pan on the stove on a medium high flame and add the sugar to the pan. Keep stirring till the sugar becomes a golden brown color.
- At this point, add the water to the sugar. Stir and pour into the baking pan. Twirl the pan to spread the caramel. Keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, milk and the eggs. This can also be done by just using a blender .
- Pour the mixture onto the caramel in the pudding pan. Pour the mixture through a sieve to be on the safer side.
- Take a larger pan and fill it half with water. Cover the pudding basin with a foil wrap and place this in the water in the bigger pan. Place this entire set up in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minute.
- Remove from the oven, Let cool for an hour on the counter.
- Refrigerate till needed. Serve cold.