“Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar in four pieces with your bare hands — and then just eating one piece” – Judith Viorst
Who can resist a chocolate brownie? When made with good quality chocolate and loads of nuts, they are a treat to dream of. My children love anything in chocolate, chocolate cake, brownies, puddings and even the plain old chocolate. As age passes, children, especially girls grow more interested in the cooking process. Irene at age 7 has progressed from licking the spoon and wiping the batter off the bowl, to wanting to make it all by herself. I now have recipe request from my children on what they want to make. And this is first on the list.
SCRUMPTIOUS CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Dark Chocolate – 200 gm
- Butter – 4 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup packed
- Pecan Nuts – 1/2 cup
- Oil to grease the pan
- Deep square tin pan 19 cm
- Greaseproof / Parchment Paper
- Sharp Knife
- A medium sized saucepan
- Keep all the ingredients out on your workspace for easier access.
- Bring all the ingredients to room temperature. This is an essential rule of good baking. Unless asked otherwise, use ingredients at room temperature. also use fresh ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Brush the cake pan with some oil. Cut the greaseproof paper to fit the cake pan from the top of one side, across the bottom and up the opposite side. This will help remove the brownie out of the pan after cooking.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a saucepan and heat on a low flame, stirring well. Once melted, remove from heat and cool 2 minutes. this can also be done in the microwave. just stir it well.
- Add the pecans and sugar to the chocolate mix. Combine.
- Add eggs to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour and combine well .
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes until firm in the center.
- Cool in the tin. Remove from pan and cut into neat slices.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top if needed and serve.