Small , bite sized, flaky packets of intense chocolate goodness – amazing finger food, great dessert, yummy snack..!!
It is the most amazing thing to to start a new venture and watch it grow from stage to stage. I moved to my present domain a month back. I was apprehensive because it had taken me ages to get my first comment on my previous WordPress site. And coming out from the umbrella of a free site with its many perks was scary. I watched each day waiting for that comment to come in, that line of encouragement from that unknown face, telling me that “Hey, you are doing okay..!”. I know I have numerous faceless readers, faceless because I do not get their comments but I know they are there through the stats. For you I say “Thank You”. To all those dear people who took a minute to leave words of encouragement .. thank you..! I have crossed the first 1000 hits on my site.For every time you all come back, I feel motivated to do one better than the last..!! Thank you..!!! Here is a simple yet lovely recipe for you all..!
CHOCOLATE PUFF PACKETS
- Good quality chocolate – 100 gm
- Chopped , slightly roasted hazelnuts – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Frozen Puff Pastry squares – 4
- Egg Yolk -1
- Milk – 1/8 cup (pure vegetarians)
- Preheat the oven to 210 C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Thaw the puff pastry square slightly. The pastry square I buy are 10 cm squares. I divide them into half – rectangles of 10 cm length and 5 cm breadth.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Place some chocolate and nuts (if using) on one half of the rectangle.
- Fold the other part of the rectangle over the filling and seal the edges by pressing down with a fork.
- Whisk the egg yolk lightly. For those pure vegetarians please substitute egg yolk with milk.
- Brush the tops of the packets with some egg yolk.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes till it is a light golden color.
- Stand for 5 minutes and serve warm.
- Drizzle some Hershey chocolate syrup on top and serve with ice cream on the side. You can also serve it warm, dusted with some icing sugar on top.
- The chocolate used in this recipe can be varied. experiment with the flavorings, be innovative. There are numerous types of chocolate available.
- I tried this recipe with some jam. However the packet opened up and the jam oozed out. But feel free to try if you like jam. I tried the same with Nutella but it dried out and became like a bar of chocolate. But it was tasty never the less.
- This is a recipe that can easily be tried by children with some adult supervision.