The best ever no bake blueberry cheesecake ever made. A decadent, intense and “I want more” dessert..!!
This is my most favorite dessert of all times and also the first cake that I ever made. I did not have an oven during my times in Malaysia. I always wanted to make cakes but I never had the confidence to attempt one. The first time I did try was at a friends place, and the chocolate cake we made came out as hard as a rock… I forgot the baking powder. It went straight to the dustbin.
It was Sakthy a very close friend of mine who introduced me to cheesecakes and taught me to make them. I have loved it ever since. I have made it numerous times since then and every time it was the crowd favorite. This favorite dessert of my family and numerous friends is the post for today.
Cheesecake is a dessert which can be baked or unbaked. It consists of a base made from biscuit or sponge, a cheese filling and a topping which can be nuts, fruits or chocolate. This decadent dessert is heaven in each bite, the smooth creamy texture of the filling accentuated by the crunchy base and the sweet topping together creating an explosion of flavors and texture in each delightful mouthful. Its just YUMMY..!!
NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
- Digestive / Marie biscuits – 1 packet (176 gm)
- Butter – 75 gm to 100 gm
- Egg yolks – 3
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese – 250 gm
- Thick cream – 250 gm
- Vanilla essence – 3/4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1Tbsp
- Gelatin – 3 Tbsp
- Hot water
- Blueberry Topping – 1 can
PREPARE THE CRUST :
- Powder the biscuits finely. Add the melted butter to the powdered biscuits and mix till they resemble bread crumbs. Take a spring-form pan and press the biscuit crumbs on the base. Press it firmly and evenly. Refrigerate the base till firm and set, about 3 hours.
PREPARE THE FILLING
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar and milk in a small heatproof bowl. Place the bowl on a pan of boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes till the sugar has dissolved and the egg yolks are cooked through. Cool slightly.
- During this time beat the cream cheese and keep aside.
- Separately beat the cream and combine along with the cream cheese.
- To this add the egg mixture, vanilla essence and the lemon juice. Beat well.
- Combine the gelatin and the hot water. Heat slightly till the gelatin dissolves. Add the gelatin to the cream cheese – egg mixture. Mix till thoroughly blended.
- Pour this filling mixture onto the crust. Pour the mixture through a sieve, so that we can discard any solids or egg particles in the filling.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or till the filling has set properly. Care should be taken that the filling has set properly before adding the topping. Else the topping will sink into the filling.
- Add the topping . Spread it around so that the cheesecake is evenly covered with the topping. Chill.
- Before serving, run a skewer around the cheesecake edge to dislodge the cake from the pan. Slice and serve cold.
Now… is that not BEAUTIFUL………
…. a PLATE OF MOUTH WATERING , LIP SMACKING GOODNESS..!! ENJOY..!!
Update : Gelatin is a beef based product. For vegetarians, please use agar agar / china grass. Substitute one tablespoon powdered gelatin for every tablespoon of powdered agar. Then the dish becomes totally vegetarian.