A very easy to make pizza recipe, one that will make ordering out seem like a big task and homemade pizza a regular..!!
Today I have my entire battalion home – no work, no school. After a morning spent cleaning and dusting, and preparing a complete sides included “healthy meal”, the prospect of cooking again in the evening or dinner is quite daunting. So I have decided that we are gonna have a PIZZA PARTY today. OH OH..! I am in serious doubt whether I have anything for the topping… lets see… Off to the refrigerator and lots of hunting and tossing later.. here I am with half a capsicum, sausages, some olives and an onion. And of course the cheese..!! Well, god help me..!! Project Pizza Party is underway..!!
CHICKEN SUPER SUPREME PIZZA
- All purpose flour – 4 cups
- Dry Yeast – 1 packet
- Dry milk powder – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Warm water – 1 1/3 cup
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 oz each for the three pans
- Pizza sauce – 1 bottle
- TOPPINGS – chicken, olives, capsicum, onion, mushroom, sausages etc
- Cheese – Mozzarella and cheddar cheese as needed
- IMAGINATION – lots of it
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, salt, yeast and milk powder to it. Give a quick mix.
- Now add the warm water and mix it all well. The liquid will be an off white color because of the yeast and the milk powder. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil to the above mix and combine well.
- To the liquid mix, add the flour and stir with a spoon till the liquid is incorporated into the flour.
- Turn out onto a clean counter and knead with your hands like you would for chappati / roti dough.
- Divide the dough into three and roll it out into a 9 inch circle.
- Fold over the edges and press hard with a fork to join, like you would for a pie.
- In the pan you will be using, add oil and spread well. Place the circle on this and rub the edges with oil or butter.
- Keep covered in a warm place to rise for about 2 hours.
- When you are ready to make your pizza, preheat your oven to the highest temperature possible.
- Top the pizza base with tomato sauce and the toppings you desire. Heres where you add the IMAGINATION..!
- Grate cheese all over it.
- Bake at the lowest rung of the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, till the base is crispy and the cheese is all bubbly and gooey.
- Cut into slices and serve hot with garlic bread and a tossed salad.
This was a yummy dinner we had. Once the base dough is prepared, the pizza is just a 15 minutes away. I enjoyed making and baking this treat. I find it quite therapeutic. I made a pepperoni pizza for te young ones and a mixed chicken supreme for us. The recipe for the dough is a Pizza Hut copycat recipe which was taken from cdkitchen.
PROJECT PIZZA PARTY COMPLETED..!! 🙂