A very decadent Chocolate Peanut butter Fudge sauce that would make an ordinary scoop of ice cream, royalty..!!
” I scream, You scream, We all scream for ICE CREAM..!!”
As kids, this cry was a regular at our house. We sisters loved ice cream as do almost everyone on Planet Earth.It was however in Bangalore I first had a taste of hot chocolate fudge .. and I was hooked for life. Never in my life have I looked over a plate of ice cream or denied a bite of that creamy, sweet , decadent…. I could go on and on..!!
Thanks to Nigella I have been able to have that perfectly perfect sundae at home. It is made of things commonly found in any baker’s pantry. The effort is very less.. all it takes is will power to keep from licking the sauce clean. This recipe has been adapted from the best seller book Nigella Express. It is a book I whole heartedly recommend to all. It is way too good.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT FUDGE SUNDAE
- Thick cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk chocolate – 1/2 cup
- Smooth Peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- Golden syrup – 3 Tbsp
- Vanilla ice cream
- Biscuits – Hide n Seek / Digestive
- Salted peanuts for garnish
- Take a saucepan and add the cream, peanut butter, milk chocolate and golden syrup.
- Heat it on a low flame till chocolate has melted and the sauce is combined. Keep stirring because you do not want to burn the sauce. It will be thick and very aromatic ..!
- Take a tall glass. Crush some of the biscuits and line the bottom of the glass.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream, followed by a tablespoon of sauce and some nuts.
- Repeat the layers and top with a huge dollop of the fudge sauce.
- Garnish with salted peanuts- crushed or whole.
- Serve . Sit back and enjoy the attention.
This dessert was so delicious, that my little ones enjoyed their bowls and also raided the one I had kept to photo for the blog..!! I had to make it again..! I add Chocos to the topping and put some crushed chocolate as garnish when I serve it to kids. Try it..!!
I have always enjoyed cooking with my little sis, who is now working in Muscat. The first time I ever made a proper cake was with her. We whipped up a Barbie cake for Christmas in 2004. It took us 2 days to get it on the table but the effort was worth it. This post goes out to her.. for just being there. A little sweet …. for a sweet day..!!