What could be more tasty than a totally chocolaty chocolate pizza..!!
Today has been a chocolate day. Irene has a class party tomorrow and she wants cupcakes for her entire class. S0 it was finally decided that chocolate cupcakes it would be. I had a lot of chocolate lying around. And what could be more simple than make a snack for them with it.
The kids have always had a liking for a chocolate pizza they had a long time back. I had a base remaining from the chicken pizza I made last week and what would have been more perfect than utilizing all this together and making their favorite snack. It was received with squeals and yells and yays…! Its quite simple to put together and hardly takes 10 minutes. I think I will make it a regular at home, on those days when I am pressed for time and I need some chocolate therapy.!
- All purpose flour – 4 cups
- Dry Yeast – 1 packet
- Dry milk powder – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Warm water – 1 1/3 cup
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 oz each for the three pans
For each pizza
- Milk chocolate – 100 gm
- Hershey’s syrup – 5 Tbsp
- Sprinkles , Chocolate flakes
- Caramelized nuts
- Grated white chocolate
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, salt, yeast and milk powder to it. Give a quick mix.
- Now add the warm water and mix it all well. The liquid will be an off white color because of the yeast and the milk powder. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil to the above mix and combine well.
- To the liquid mix, add the flour and stir with a spoon till the liquid is incorporated into the flour.
- Turn out onto a clean counter and knead with your hands like you would for chappati / roti dough.
- Divide the dough into three and roll it out into a 9 inch circle.
- Fold over the edges and press hard with a fork to join, like you would for a pie.
- In the pan you will be using, add oil and spread well. Place the circle on this and rub the edges with oil or butter.
- Keep covered in a warm place to rise for about 2 hours.
- When you are ready to make your pizza, preheat your oven to the highest temperature possible.
- Cook the base for 7 minutes till cooked and crispy
- Take out, top with the Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
- Sprinkle the chopped milk chocolate around.
- Bake for 3 minutes till the chocolate is melted. Remove from the oven.
- Using a spoon spread the melted milk chocolate around creating a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle the nuts, grated white chocolate and sprinkles and serve cut into slices.
NOTE: The base recipe here is for 3 pizzas . The base can be frozen if not needed. So no worries. You can freeze the remaining base and use it another time – just make sure you leave it out for a while till it reaches room temperature and doubles in size.
The pizza made has only sprinkles on top. My kids dont like caramelized nuts. They prefer the kiddo look more.