Another year, another chance
To start our lives anew;
This time we’ll leap old barriers
To have a real breakthrough.
We’ll take one little step
And then we’ll take one more,
Our unlimited potential
We’ll totally explore…
Another year has passed us by,leaving in its wake both joy and sorrow, health and ill health, success and failures. And it is through this cycle of ups and downs that we have found our footing and stand tall this New Year. As is with the case with many, if not all of you, I have had my share of roller coaster rides the last year. And as non superstitious as I may be, I waited anxiously for the new year to begin. As the day started and the time progressed, I sat back to ponder about whether the happy moments out weighed the sad ones. And indeed the realization struck yet again, what has gone is gone and what is … is..!
My site has been ailing the last year, a sad victim of the numerous responsibilities that I have to attend to. The lack of time given to her has reflected in the state of neglect that she has been in. As the new year waltzed in, I have decided that irrespective of time or responsibility, I will not let my blog starve. And that is the reason we have started with a sweet something as the first recipe of 2014.
Well as of January 1st 2014, both my sisters are married…and they have started cooking up storms in the kitchen. With one sis in Germany and the other in US, I often get to hear of yummy treats from their kitchens.. This is one such treat from their kitchen. Like I said , something sweet to start the New Year with. Enjoy.!
CHEESE CAKE CUPCAKES
(Source- My Sister Deepthi)
- Crush the graham crackers by hand or using a food processor till they are a coarse powder
- Melt the butter and add to the crackers. Mix well till they resemble crumbs.
- Take a little in your hand and squeeze. If it retains its shape a little then its done.
- Line 6 muffing pan with cupcake liners and divide the crust equally. taking a spoon, push done the crust to form a compact disc at the bottom.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 180°C .
- In a bowl, take the cream cheese and smash it with a fork.
- Add sugar to it and beat it until it is smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp of melted butter and beat well.
- Beat your egg in a separate bowl and add to the above mixture, mix.
- Finally add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Pour the filling batter into the prepared moulds and bake for 15-17 mins.
- The cupcake will be ready when it is set around the edges.
- Cool and serve chilled, topped with chocolate sauce or a fruit compote / sauce/ topping.