A perfectly perfect chocolate cupcake , moist to the last crumb , easy to prepare and astonishingly delightful in taste.
It was while watching Coffee With Karan reruns on show , especially the controversial Deepika Padukone – Sonam Kapoor episode that cupcake pangs hit me. No it was nothing they said, just the sight of those dainty frosted cupcakes they toasted each other with, and the yummy looks that did it. I know, sounds crazy right?? But hey that was all the inspiration I needed. I had not baked in a long while and we were all craving some goodness of chocolate and indulgence of cake . I followed a simple recipe from joyofbaking and that was it. Delicious, scrumptious drool-worthy cupcakes on your table and a home which smells like a bakery as the perk.!!
DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Dutch processed Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Boiling Hot water – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 large
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Keep all ingredients (except hot water) out on the counter and bring them to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 190C or 375F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and keep aside.
- Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder and the salt together and keep aside.
- Combine the hot boiling water and the cocoa powder till smooth. Keep aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine the butter and the sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and beat till just combined.
- Add the cooled cocoa mixture and beat till smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 20 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool them out on the rack . Once they are completely cooled frost them with the icing of choice.
- These are best when eaten on the day they are prepared.
- This recipe gives you about 16 to 28 cupcakes.
I have used a simple chocolate ganache (cream + chocolate chips) on the cupcakes. I decorated them with Hundreds and Thousands, M &Ms and Maltesers. These were meant for a group of kids who came home for playtime. Feel free to use the icing of choice and decorate to liking. This is an easy cupcake that can be prepared by kids with a little help from the adult.