Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
I am happy today. This little world of mine “anzzcafe” has got its first 1000 hits. I had always been apprehensive about starting a blog.What if I could not post regularly, what if it were not well received, what if…? There were a lot of questions, a lot of doubts. But the moment I started this space, all questions were answered. Anzzcafe has now become my little space of learning and sharing.
My husband has been a great source of inspiration. His criticism has helped a lot in making this space have an identity of itself. And all you silent readers out there… thank you very much for your support. Your presence is what inspires this blog to be better with each passing post..!
Since hubby has been out of town the last 2 days, we have made this trifle to celebrate… there are 2 versions -adults and kiddo.. both very yummy..! So, heres to 1000 hits..!!
CHOCOLATE AND FRUIT TRIFLE
- Chocolate Sponge Cake – 100 gm
- Fruit cocktail – small tin about 100 gm
- Chocolate pudding – 1 packet
- Brandy – a splash
- Whipping cream – 2 cups
- Caramelized cashews -3/4 cup
- Grated chocolate
- Cut the chocolate cake into medium sized pieces. Keep aside.
- Make the chocolate pudding according to instructions on pack. Keep aside.
- Drain the fruit pieces from the cocktail tin. Reserve the juice. Keep aside.
- Take a trifle bowl or whichever bowl you are using to assemble the trifle. Place the cut pieces of cake as the base.
- Combine the brandy with about 1/2 cup fruit cocktail juice.
- Soak the chocolate cake with half the soaking liquid.
- Pour some of the chocolate pudding on top of the cake.
- Top this with a little caramel cashews and half the fruits.
- Spread half the whipped cream on top.
- Repeat the layers with the whipping cream being the last.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and caramel cashews.
- Serve chilled.
For the kiddo version, do not add brandy in the soaking liquid. If the children want a totally chocolate trifle, make layers Chocolate chip cookies and crushed Kelloggs Chocos. Serve with sprinkles and chocolate shavings on top.