Tender juicy morsels of chicken marinated in a rich spicy gravy and grilled to perfection- the hariyali kebab is back..!!
We went out to the beach the other day. Since it was a spontaneous decision I did not have the time to make the sandwiches and cupcakes I usually prepare. All I had was a bag of these kebabs soaking in the marinade. So some pita bread, a mint chutney, a tossed vegetable salad, the kebab and cans of coke and sprite, it was..!!
Well.. no one was complaining..!!
INDIAN HARIYALI KEBAB
- Chicken - 1 Kg boneless
- Almonds – 8
- Green chili – 6 to 8
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Ginger – about 3 cm
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Lemon- 1 juiced
- Cream – 150 ml
- Salt – as needed
- Melted Butter – 1/2 cup
- Cut the chicken into small cubes of even size. Wash well, drain and keep aside.
- In a grinder jar, combine all the remaining ingredients except the butter. Make a smooth paste out of it.
- Ina ziploc bag, combine the chicken and the marinade and give it a toss. Let the chicken soak in the marinade as long as possible, preferably overnight.
- Prepare your outdoor grill for cooking. If using the oven grill, preheat it till nice and hot.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto a skewer.
- Place the skewers on a hot grill and cook, basting occasionally with butter till done and slightly dark brown in color.
- Serve with a mint yogurt chutney or plain old tomato ketchup.