A beautiful orange color and a taste to match the color – Homemade Orange Wine is a wine to have.!!
By now, you would know that I love to experiment with fruits and making wines. This is one such attempt to make a fruity wine at home. I used good quality oranges to make this. The procedure is the same as the other wines. Although I was worried about this wine clearing up, I was lucky. The wine cleared up with enchanting results. The color of the wine is mystical.. magical..!!
- Oranges – 8
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Cloves – 10
- Water – 1.75 L
- Yeast – 1Dsp
- Wash and dry the oranges carefully.
- Zest the oranges and keep aside. Now cut the orange segments out and crush it well to release the juices.
- Bring the water to a boiling roll. Pour the water on top of the crushed oranges, zest and sugar. Cool.
- Into a big demijohn or bharani, add all the ingredients together and give a good stir.
- Cover and keep in a dark place for a week stirring everyday.
- On the 10th day the strain the wine and discard the solids. Keep the liquid for another 20 days without disturbing. Let the haze settle down.
- You can now bottle the wine and rack it.
- Wine is best when it matures. However inedible and unpleasant a wine smells at the time of racking, given a maturity period it will taste great. As the cloudiness in the bottle settles and sediments are at the bottom of the bottle, you can strain the wine into another bottle and store.
- The pleasantly orange flavored wine is ready for a sip.
I must warn you, this wine gives quite a kick .. and like any fruit wine, is a pleasure to drink… Since we have always made wine without the use of any chemical products, I can assure you it is 100 % natural.