Who does not love Oreo cookies? Not many I suppose. Oreo – twist, lick, dunk.! This jingle is doing the rounds on the television and has been primarily responsible for the vanishing stacks of Oreo cookies at home. The advert is well takken, simple to understand and very appealing in its simplicity.
Recently I came across this line , A friend will share his pack of Oreo cookies, but a best friend will share his last Oreo too. It made me think that Oreo cookies have somehow built a cult status among cookie lovers, especially my son. He would skip dinner for a tall glass of milk and a packet of these Oreos. Mc Donalds has the famous Oreo Mc flurry, an ice cream thick shake that uses Oreo cookies and vanilla ice cream to make a delicious dessert. Well, dessert for some and main course for some other..! That is how popular it is.
Today I have 2 very simple recipes for you, both based on Oreo cookies. This is a special treat for the kids as they understand the language of chocolate and ice cream better than carrots and biryanis. They too need something special for special days..! I agree it is winter now, but hey.. sometimes, something cold in winter is also fun..!!
OREO MC FLURRY
Source- All over
- 2 cups good quality Vanilla Ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 Oreo cookies
- Extra Oreo for garnish
- Place the Oreo cookies in a Ziploc / polythene bag and crush the cookies by rolling over the with a rolling pin. You can also smack them with a potato masher, pan or the rolling pin. Make sure you have some powdered cookies and some pieces too.
- Take a medium sized container . Add the milk and the ice cream to the bowl and mix for a minute.
- Reserve a 3 Tbsp of Oreo crumbs and add the remaining crushed Oreo cookie bits to the ice cream and mix till everything is well incorporated.
- Please do not over mix the mixture as it will cause the ice cream to melt and the entire thing will become of a smoothie consistency.
- Pour the flurry into a glass and tap the glass gently on the counter top to let it settle down a bit. Garnish with the remaining Oreo and serve cold.
OREO MILK SHAKE
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cup Vanilla Ice cream
- Splash of Hershey’s Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Keep the ice cream out so that it softens a bit. Break all the Oreo cookies into small pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz well until well combined and frothy.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve.
New Year, New Dish @ UK Rasoi
New You by Zesty Palette