A Speedy Sausage Roll is a quick to make, crispy, delicious snack ideal for picnics and as a tea time snack.
Kids love to eat and many kids love to cook. I have recently started the Cooking With Kids section of my blog.This recipe is an easy one that children can make with little supervision from their parent. It is tasty and can be made ahead and frozen. When you are ready to go, just pop it in the oven and have it ready to eat in 15 minutes. This is a favorite with my children. You can use any kind of sausage here – beef, chicken or vegetable. But it is just as tasty as ever.
SPEEDY SAUSAGE ROLLS
- Chicken Sausages – 16
- Puff Pastry – 2 sheets
- Milk – for glazing
- Tomato Sauce – for dipping
- Sharp Knife
- Pastry Brush
- Non Stick Oven Tray
- Oven Mitts
- Put out all the ingredients and utensils you need on the kitchen table. Preheat oven to 210C.
- Separate the sausages if needed.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into four strips. Cut each strip in four to get 16 rectangles.
- But a sausage on the end of one rectangle . Roll it up like a roll.
- Brush the end of the pastry with milk and press down to seal the edges.
- Place the roll seam side down on the oven tray.
- Make three slits on the top and brush the rolls with milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a bowl of tomato sauce.